Friday, December 11, 2009

6. Killing us softly

I was thinking about the title, and what it meant but I couldn't have figured out what it meant, till now. In my opinion she was trying to say that the advertisements are slowing the degree of women slowly, day by day. Well, It isn't hard to realize that, and I don't know why I haven't realized it while watching. First of all, Jean Kilbourne is a great presenter =). Her jokes made me laugh a lot, especially switching sides of men and women in advertisements - too giggly, to flat -. Yes, Women are absolutely right about being offended about those advertisements. I know I would be offended. Secondly, like in every place in advertisement women are marked. All the women in advertisements is perfect in every way, in a way that no women can be without any working up. And finally, women are shown as an object in the advertisements, not a subject. So all in all, the advertisements has to be changed completely. Everyone should pretest these kind of advertisements.

No comments:

Post a Comment